Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reading Corner in Pink and Orange

I have been wanting to get Miss E's bedroom a little more girly for her over the past 12 months and so far I have managed to achieve a reading corner!  Well something is better than nothing right?


I knew I wanted to use pink and orange in her room but I always get stuck when it comes to picking fabric.  That's when I called on the help of my sister Suz (you can see some of her handy work here on our blog).  She not only has a knack for picking fabrics that work together, but is also lucky enough to work in a store where she is surrounded by fabrics all day.  She put together a few prints that would work together and sent them my way.  I have only used 4 so far but I have a few others that I'm hoping to make into a quilt soon.

I got my original idea for the book slings from this tutorial on Penny Carnival.  I just need to finish these off with something on the ends when I can find something I like.


The bean bag I made using this tutorial.  It's the perfect size for Miss E and when she's not in it, the Dolly Suz made for her keeps it warm.


Once I had made the book slings and the bean bag, I decided the corner needed something else.  I got hubby to hang a shelf for me and added a few finishing touches.  The books are some that I got at our local op-shop and covered with matching fabric, the lamp is a recent purchase from an IKEA trip and of course a photo of Miss E as a newborn.  Can you believe she now has very blonde, very curly hair?


Now I just need to get the rest of her room done.  Hopefully it won't take me another 12 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment