Thursday, October 11, 2012

KCWC Day 3 & 4 - Short Progress!

Day 3 and 4 of the KCWC saw me working on summer shorts for Mr. J.

My go to shorts pattern for something quick and easy to whip up whilst still looking great is the kid short tutorial by Dana.  In fact, all the tutorials and patterns of hers that I have tried have been great.  I recommend you go and check out her blog here.  She's one clever, crafty lady.

The first pair I made were these super light weight cotton shorts.  I used the flat front version of the shorts and I'm lucky that Mr. J is the perfect size for the pattern Dana has included with the tutorial.

I was being careful when I cut out and sewed up these shorts to make sure the checks lined up but I think I got distracted when it came to the front seam.  Of course it would be the one you see the most, all the others are perfect.




I have two more pairs of shorts to share with you, but they look much better on my handsome model, so I will just leave you with this sneak peak for now


Are you joining along with the KCWC?  I'd love to see what you have been working on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment