Saturday, December 3, 2011

Summer Bottoms.

Coming into the warmer weather, there is nothing better for a baby or toddler than wearing just a nappy and singlet (actually I'm sure they would much prefer to have nothing on at all).  Unfortunately, a nappy and singlet don't look too good when you have to go out to the shops or visit friends.  That's where nappy covers are a great little item you can whip up in next to no time.  This week I made two of these for a friend and her gorgeous new little baby boy.  I used my own pattern for these but was stumped as to where to put my label.  That was until I stumbled across this tutorial and saw her label on the back, it's the perfect place.  (This tutorial looks great too and easy to follow.)

In the end, I only gave one of the nappy covers to my friend but put it in a parcel with a bib, shoes and toy I had previously made.  She was very happy when she opened the gift and loved everything in it.  I just love it when people appreciate the effort that goes into handmade clothes and presents.  (I'll be sending the other nappy cover her way when I eventually make something to go with it.)

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute - do you have a tutorial coming, or a pattern you can recommend ? ;) I have two friends about to have their first baby and these would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is actually a link in the post to another tutorial that looks good in the last sentence of the top paragraph. I need to change the color of my links so you can see them easier! If you can't click on it, it's from the 'made' blog. The address is http://www.dana-made-it.com/ it's under the tutorials tab. Looks like a really good tutorial with patterns and good clear instructions to follow. I hope that helps and I hope your friends love them. I think they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete