Monday, December 12, 2011

Stripes and Circles Plus an Early Christmas Present.

A good friends baby turned 1 yesterday and for his gift I turned to the fabulous Oliver + S and whipped up this sketchbook shirt.  I fall in love with this pattern more every time I make it.  (I promise the bottom of the shirt is even, the leaves were making it stick out!)

Here it is folded up and ready to be wrapped.  I used snaps instead of buttons to make it easier to get on and off.  It also meant I didn't have to bother with button holes;-)

For a different perspective, here's a picture Mr. J took.  It must be frustrating being a 3yr old and viewing the world like this.

Now, what's the early Christmas present you ask?  Well this one's for me.  I was browsing a local online buy and sell page the other day when I stumbled across this.
I have been wanting one of these for a while now and this one is a great brand and in excellent condition.  The price was right and hubby said he would be happy to get it for me as a Christmas present.  I'm one very happy lady here at the moment.  Now to get sewing for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Yay you got it!
    the shirt looks fab too. I have been looking at all the cool boys fabric at work thinking how good they would look made up into shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt. I look at this Oliver & S pattern so often but haven't plunged to buy it yet. I love the idea of snaps too. Hmmmm I don't think DH would like a snap press hanging around though. And a dress form woo hoo definately jealous there! Susan

    ReplyDelete