Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Can Knit!

Several posts back I wrote about my plan to get into knitting.  It has taken me a while, but I have finally made something.  Whilst it's only fairly small and very simple, I am happy to say that it has shown me that I can knit.

I got the pattern from a creative knitting magazine (not sure which one sorry) and decided it was a good starting project.  It's only very small (premmie size hat) but I will be making another one to rectify a couple of mistakes I made.  

It's just the perfect size for 'Connor' and he clearly doesn't care about the couple of little faults!

The creative knitting magazine I got the pattern from, had an address you can send the completed hats to for use in special care nurseries.  I will definitely be making a few more and sending them off.  Once I saw the size of the finished hat, my heart went out to those people who have premmie babies.  I couldn't believe how tiny it was.  If I can make a few hats to send off to those tiny little babies, I'm at least helping in some small way.  For those who are also interested in knitting a couple of these, I will try and find the details of the charity and put it up here ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment