Sunday, August 28, 2011

New Purse.

The other day, I went looking for something quick and easy to sew just to get my machine going again after a few days sitting idle.  I stumbled across this tutorial and decided I wanted to give it a go.  Using some scraps from my fabric stash, I put together this practice version and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.  I've actually filled it with my cards etc and intend on using it until I get time to make another (although it didn't really take long to put together).


 As you can see from the picture, I added a zippered coin pocket on the outside as I felt this was missing from the original tutorial.

Here are a few more pictures so you get the idea of where everything fits.





There is one little thread hanging out the side I need to cut off but otherwise it's all finished and doing its job.  I did go and buy more fabric today to make another one but it might take me a couple of days to get that finished.  I no longer have the luxury of my children sleeping at the same time in the afternoon, Mr. J has given day time sleeps up all together!

2 comments:

  1. I love that purse. Think I need to have a go at that one myself and it needed somewhere for coins. Love love love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually maybe you can make me one, my birthday is coming up you know!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete