Friday, August 19, 2011

1st Birthday Outfit.

Miss E turned 1 on Monday and we're having a party for her tomorrow.  (There's no better excuse for a party dress than a 1st birthday!)  A few weeks ago, I went through my patterns and decided on the Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress as I love the simple style and how easy it comes together.  I had just the right fabric in my stash for the dress and coupled with a pair of matching shoes, she's got the perfect outfit to be the perfect party girl (that is if she doesn't need a change of clothes after eating her lunch!).


Here's a close up of the shoes.  I do love these.  I made a similar pair of shoes a couple of posts back but they were too big and not really right for what I wanted, so I changed the size of the pattern to fit, added a strap with velcro fastener and a cute button on the side.


I put a layer of polar fleece in the sole to give her a little more padding and the sole itself is made of fabric I got a little while back that is a great non slip base for both carpet and hard surfaces.


Hopefully I'll get some photos tomorrow before she gets into the swing of the party and gets something on her new outfit!

1 comment:

  1. That has come up so nice and very cute it really suited her.

    ReplyDelete