Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sleeping Bag

A new sleeping bag for miss E has been on my to do list for quite some time but without much action.  I had got as far as drawing up a pattern (decided I could do this one myself) and that's about it.  It wasn't until a visit to my parents (very cold) house was planned that I got inspired to actually get it all together.

I used some cotton quilting fabric for the outside, cotton batting for the middle and some vintage flannelette I was given by my mum some time back and hadn't really decided what to do with until now.  I'm pretty happy with how it came together and will make miss E a couple more of these as they should see her through next winter too.  I can't see her giving up her sleeping bag anytime soon (not like her brother who decided he no longer wanted to wear one to bed at about 4 months old).

Next time I will aim to match the print on the front at the zip opening.

I used binding around the neck and arm holes and put a flap that goes over the zip and runs all the way down the front opening to stop any scratches.

And here are a couple of photos of what happens when I nearly 3yr old plays with his toys in his baby sisters doll house!

No comments:

Post a Comment