I found a Burda pattern book at my local library which had the style I was looking for and set about tracing the pattern off, cutting it out and piecing it together. It was a very easy dress to make but I can't put the details on here as I don't remember which issue it was and I have returned the mag already. I'm pretty happy with the result but next time I'll be making it in a stronger knit so I don't have to use interfacing in the yoke. It's a bit stiff and doesn't have much room to move. I'll also be cutting the yoke out a size or two smaller than the dress as I ended up having to take it up a little on the shoulders to make it fit well. It could actually come up a little more but I'd have to unpick everything and recut the underarms etc and I won't be doing that in a hurry.
|Excuse the picture. I'm no photographer and my camera is nothing special.|
Pattern = $0.00 (borrowed from the local library)
Fabric = $0.00 (some from my mums stash)
Interfacing = $0.50 (I had this in my stash left over from something else)
Thread = $0.00 (some mum gave me from her stash)
TOTAL COST = $0.50 (you can't get a dress that cheap in an op shop!)