Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Easy Chocolate Chip Biscuits.

These chocolate chip biscuits have to be by far the easiest I have ever made.  They are a recipe my mum gave me and are labelled 'Nan's Lazy Day Biscuits' in her recipe file.  I'm not sure if they were originally my nans recipe or my mums nans but either way they are quick and tasty.  I won't say they are the most delicious, delectable biscuits I have ever tasted but they are yummy (especially with a cup of tea) and so quick to make when you're short of time.  I whipped up a batch today for a friend who's just got home from hospital.



Nan's Lazy Day Biscuits

125gm butter or marg
1 cup castor sugar
1 egg
chocolate chips - I usually use about 3/4 of a packet (or substitute for nuts, sultanas etc)
2 cups of SR flour

Melt butter and sugar and let cool.
Add egg and mix well.
Add chocolate chips and then the flour.  (May need a little milk if mixture is too dry.)
Roll into balls and drop onto tray.
Bake in a moderate oven until golden brown.

For those who love chocolate, add 2 dsp of cocoa into the mix to create a double choc chip biscuit.


These are so easy that anyone in the family can help!



Now time to get that oven on and start cooking.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment