Monday, May 23, 2011

Ottobre Henri.

Mr. J is badly in need of warmer clothes with the cooler weather setting in.  What better jacket to make than the 'Henri' jacket from Ottobre 1/2011.  This was my very first Ottobre mag and there are so many things in it on my 'to make' list.

I originally wanted to make it up in a camel colour but couldn't find the right colour anywhere.  (Probably a good thing when it's being worn by a boy.) I had some black in my stash so decided to make it in that to see how it came out.  I like it so much, I think I the blue in my stash will end up as one too!

The pockets ended up a little uneven but I know where I went wrong there so can fix that next time.  You don't really notice when it's on thank goodness.

Teamed with a pair of 'Sprout' dress pants, Mr. J looks rather stylish.

I made the size 98 instead of the 92 and it's a little bit big but will see him through all this winter without any trouble.
The pattern called for coverstitch on the sleeves and hem band but alas, I don't have one.  This is where my new machine (blog post on that soon) came in very handy.  I was able to use one of the fancy stitches to finish off the seams nicely.

Mr. J is pretty happy with his jacket and loves the pockets.  They were filled with his little actions heroes today, another of his latest obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment