Sunday, May 1, 2011

More Baby Sets.

I've been working on a couple more baby sets over the last little while and am finally getting around to blogging them.  These have been made using the green owl and red elephant fabrics from the Little Menagerie range by Melly and Me.  I love this range and it's perfect for babies and kids.  I have previously made the pink owls into a set here.

I have used the green owl fabric to make two sets.  One set is reversible and fully lined with cotton flannelette.  The shoes are similar to those I have made previously but I have made up my own pattern as I wanted some things a little different.
Denim bib is reversible with owl fabric on the reverse.

Gotta love tiny baby shoes.

Denim side of this bib with appliqued owls.

Reverse side of denim set.

Close up of applique stitching.  I love my sewing machine, it does such a neat, even stitch.

The diamond shape I appliqued on the bib didn't fit well on the shoe so it became an octagon.
Another fabric from this range that I have in my stash is the elephants.  I also have this fabric in green but haven't got around to using that yet.  I made up two of the red elephants, one for Miss E and another for the baby of a good friend.  I also made some shoes to go with her gift but didn't get photo's before I gave them to her.  The beautiful baby girl whom the gift was for went to sleep in her pram today holding onto the bib in her hand.  Awww, it was just so sweet and I don't mind if it gets used as a cuddle toy instead.
No snap closure on this one yet.  I don't have the right colour in my stash so it looks like I will have to go shopping!

Topstiching around the bib.  Red is visible on this side and I used white cotton in the bobbin to match the back.

Close up of elephant design.  Very cute.

I am actually going to make these sets to sell, so if you stumble across my blog and would be interested in purchasing a set, please email me here.  Each set is made using quality cotton fabric and backed with either cotton flannelette or cotton towelling.  All bibs have snap closures not velcro so little necks won't get scratched and bibs won't get stuck to everything else in the wash.  I may not be able to source exact fabrics but I will do my best.  Plenty of other fabrics and designs are available at my local quilt shop too so the choices are endless.  I am happy to email pictures of fabrics for customer selection. 

The bib and shoe sets will be $15 or $8 for the bib or shoes on their own.  I can also make a basic softie toy for another $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment