Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tiny Owl Set

This fabric by Melly & Me (little menagerie) range has been sitting in my stash for a while waiting for just the right moment.  What better moment than a new little baby to spoil!  This is a gift set I made up for an old school friend who's just had her second baby, obviously a little girl.  I had just enough left over from my fat quarter to make a bib for Miss E aswell but not enough for shoes.  Now I just need to make something with the other 5 fat quarters I got in the set.
Both the bib and shoes have soft cotton flannelette for comfort (and to help soak up spills).
These are just too cute!  I love this shoe pattern.  You can find the link to it here within my previous post.
Pearl snap closure to fasten it at the back.  (I hate velcro in the wash on bibs.)

Close up of the design.  This woman is so clever.  I LOOOVE her fabric.
I think my local quilt shop might be paid another visit shortly to get more of this range.  Not until May though as I'm still going strong with the no fabric buying for the month of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment