Sunday, April 3, 2011

PJ's for Mr. J

These PJ's have been sitting in my UFO (unfinished objects) pile for quite a while.  With the weather getting cooler at night, I decided I had better get them out and finish them off.  Mr. J sat on my knee while I sewed the circle applique on the top and didn't once try to touch the machine.  I was amazed!  It's not very easy to sew with a toddler on your knee though.

The PJ pants were made from a knit wit pattern and as the fabric isn't stretch, I made the size 4 instead of the size 2.  The t-shirt was one I picked up from a chain store and appliqued the circle on.  I was originally going to applique a guitar on but wanted to finish them today.  The guitar wasn't going to be quick with a toddler around wanting my attention so the circle won.  I actually think it looks quite OK.

As soon as he put the PJ's on, he had to pretend he was sleeping.
Full length shot.  This was the best I could get.  Even when I put the telly on he wouldn't stand still for me.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute PJs - I like the circle too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, seems like a lot of us are doing PJ's. I would get in on the act, but alas I cant buy any material.

    ReplyDelete