I then began the tracing off of the pattern, cutting out and sewing together. I was pleased with how well it came together and how easy the instructions were to follow. In particular, I was very happy with the sleeves as I always seem to have trouble with easing in excess fabric but there is not a single pleat in either sleeve!
Here's the finished product and I do have to say I am a little proud of myself. I will definately be making this one again. I think a long sleeve version might be next for Mr. J to wear to my 30th birthday in a few weeks.
|I used snap closures in the end as I couldn't find buttons that looked right. I think these go perfect with the vintage look but I am a little worried they'll pull out of the fabric with regular use.|
|Close up of shirt front. Note the sleeves, no pleats!|
|Shirt back with yoke. Very easy to put together.|
|One very happy model.|
|Shirt back in detail. This shirt is designed to be left untucked. You could make the pattern longer though if you wanted to tuck it in.|
|Close up of sewing on the pocket. I have learnt from past sewing to make sure I sew little triangles at the top of pockets.|