Friday, April 15, 2011

Nappy Clutch Bag

When I had Mr. J back in 2008, I wanted a bag I could grab quickly to take to the shops or mums group without lugging the huge nappy bag around.  I couldn't find anything exactly right so I decided to make my own.  I teamed it with a matching tote bag and it has served me well for the past 2 and a bit years and is still going strong. 
My original clutch bag and matching tote.  Still going strong even with everyday use and abuse.
I recently decided that I might tweak my design a little and make my clutch bags to sell.  To get my head back around my pattern I grabbed some fabric from a local store and set to work on making one to ensure I had everything the way I wanted.  I'm really happy with the final design and am all set now to get working on another 12.  When they will be completed is another thing entirely!
Kids chairs come in handy for something.

Reverse side with zip pocket for money etc.

Close up of the zip which will be a heavier duty zip in the future as I'm a little worried this one will wear out over time.

A place for everything.  Nappies, wipes (most brands will fit), dirty nappy bags, mobile phone (will fit an iPhone), credit card (in this case a library card) or rusk pocket and usually mine carries a disposable change mat aswell.   It does all fit in neater than this, I just wanted to show what it could carry

Mobile phone pocket secured with a snap, you don't want that to fall out!

My logo.

I'm looking forward to making these and seeing if they are something that people would be interested in buying.  If you are looking at my blog and are interested in one of these, please email me at jamilycreations@hotmail.com.  I also ask those looking at my blog to please not copy my design.

Now I'm off to work on a couple of other projects before I start cutting these out.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, these will be popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - the way you've done the extra pockets looks great.
    Most people making these to sell don't have any extra pockets at all, just the nappies/wipes bit. If I had one in nappies I'd buy one from you so i didn't have to do all that top-stitching myself!

    ReplyDelete