Friday, April 15, 2011

My Outdoor Space is Underway

Back in late 2006 when we bought our first house, we planned to build a deck coming off the kitchen area.  Fast forward to April 2011 and I can finally say it's underway.  It's taken a long time to get to this stage with various things getting in the way (mainly those unexpected bills that crop up) but my lovely husband has started digging the holes for the posts and the materials are on the way!  I can't wait to have my wonderful outdoor space, just in time for my 30th birthday.

Here are a few before pictures for you.  Excuse the fence (and the ivy we are trying our hardest to get rid of), that's a project for another time.  Although it doesn't look like it in the photos, we have done a lot of work out here already, ripping things out and clearing up the back yard to make it much more kid friendly.  I'm hoping the deck will just add to that and give the kids somewhere to play outside when the weather is wet.
This is the current view from my back door.  Not very appealing to say the least.

Daddy and his helper starting work on the 21 holes he has to dig before the builder comes to do his bit on monday.  (I think we own too many toys too!)

View from the other end.  The backyard isn't all that big but it's enough for our little family.
 What's a boy to do when there's a pile of dirt in the backyard?



Action shot.  Jumping from one dirt pile to the other.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with progress pictures and then before long the completed deck.  Although it will be without a roof for a little while.  That's what happens when your husband is a qualified roof plumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment