Saturday, April 9, 2011

Monkey Business.

Back in 2008 I made a sock monkey for Mr. J.  (I got the idea from this blog post).  Since then I have made another 3 or 4 for presents but hadn't made one for a while.  Fast forward to this week and a friend asked if I could make her one to give as a gift to a 2 yr old.  I dragged out the pattern again (find the tutorial here) and set to work on a pair of pink and black socks.  Here is the result.

 

They definately look handmade but I think that adds to the character.  The long arms, legs and tail are perfect for dragging around the place when you have little hands.  I also used felt for the eyes rather than buttons to avoid the choking risk.

Now that I have got this pattern out again, I think I might have to whip up another one of these for Miss E.

No comments:

Post a Comment