Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vintage Pinny

I found some vintage style fabric at a garage sale not long ago and thought it would make a great pinafore dress.  It's a beautiful velveteen in some interesting colours I wouldn't normally choose but loved when I saw it.  I made it a size 3 and Miss E definately won't fit into it yet but it will either be put away or be given as a present to another lovely little lady.  I am yet to decide.

The hem isn't uneven, it was pushed forward by the branches and wind.  I didn't realise this until I had taken the photo and it got too dark to take another one.
I'm still not sure about the wooden buttons.  I was going to go for orange or blue but felt they were too much, I wanted the fabric to speak for itself.
My first creation using my new labels.  Very happy with them.
 Well that's two pinny's done in the past month.  I think it's time to do a different style of dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment