Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shorts and T-Shirt for Mr. J

Well I've finished another sewing item and I'm pretty happy with these too.  I used Burda 9793 pattern in size 2.  Mr. J is rather skinny and small for his size (just on 12kg at 2 and 1/2) so the elastic pulls them in quite a bit but he's got growing room.  The T-Shirt is one I bought and removed the pocket from then did just a simple applique on the front. 


I'm not sure about the helicopter on the angle but decided it was easier to do this than try to get it straight and then accidently iron it wrong and have it crooked.  It's also not as neat as I would have liked but I did this as a last minute thing so he had something to wear with the shorts.

The helicopter applique I got from this book and just enlarged it on the photocopier.





The shorts didn't have a pocket on the back in the pattern but I decided they needed some of the contrast fabric so added a pocket with a strip across the top.

Overall I am pretty happy with the result and Mr. J loves them so that's the main thing.  I'll have to try and get some pictures with him modelling them tomorrow.

What to sew next, that's the question?  Perhaps something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment