Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My New Toy

I haven't been on here much lately as I've been away at mums place and then trying to get the mountain of fabric washed that I have taken from her.  I'm slowly getting through the pile but didn't do any today as I figured we needed some clean clothes at some stage!

Still nothing made to blog since I started this thing but I have tonight been playing with my new buy from ebay.  A huskylock 550D overlocker.  It is brilliant.  I have never used an overlocker before (apart from one I borrowed to try out) and I was worried I would have no idea what to do.  However, this machine seems so simple to use.  The stitches seem pretty good too and I haven't had to adjust the tension at all so far, that will come as I get better at the machine and learn more of what it can do.


Excuse the kitchen table and the mess, I was playing with lots of different fabric.

Here are a couple of samples of the stitches.  It's a bit hard to see but seems to have worked well.  I did have a go at finishing off the ends too (not in pics) and I'm pretty happy with how that worked.  I can see this machine is going to get lots of use.

Lightweight cotton fabric (to become a shirt for Mr. 2.5yr)

Lightweight knit fabric.

Polar fleece.

Now I just need to get my sewing space organised with the new horn cabinet I bought at a garage sale for the bargain price of $100.  Then I'll have no excuses.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous right now. Might have to keep an eye on ebay myself, think I would do much more sewing if I had an overlocker to finish things of neater. Have fun playing!!!

    ReplyDelete