I learnt quite a bit making these overalls as I have never used the Ottobre patterns before but I did find it relatively easy to follow and I will be making more things from this magazine in the near future. My overlocker didn't like the fabric very much and I had trouble working out the correct tension but I got there in the end.
Miss E is 69cm long and quite a skinny little thing so I went with the 74cm length size and thought she could grow into them. However, as you can see they fit perfectly now but there is room for her to get taller if I change the button position and unfold the cuffs.
I nearly had a fit when I did the right button hole. I wasn't concentrating and made it too long. I unpicked it but you can still see a little bit of the stitching mark in the front. I'm hoping this comes out when I wash it.
Back view. Watching her brother play his guitar.
Perfect that she decided she could sit up by herself today. Made taking photos very easy.
The finished top will fit her for longer than the overalls I think. It's got a bit more growing room.
Topstitching around the collar and cuffs. First time I've used two different coloured threads and it worked really well. I will remember this.
Cuffs on the legs can fold down to allow for growth.
Well, now they're finished, I'm off to make a pair of shorts for Mr. J and applique a white t-shirt to match. Hopefully I'm just as happy with those.